Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Proton Pack 9 Final!

Ladies and Gentlemen.  Here it is. At long last. Technically I started this in March of 2010.  But in reality, didn't truly begin in earnest until December of 2011.  I basically had the idea way back in the before time.  But finally sat down and created this little guy. What follows are the final images of the pack.  Some of it's fore mentioned glamour shots.

First up...a little video of the images and some live video of the pack.  Currently set to appropriate music but I can see this being muted soon by the youtube gods. 


Also a disclaimer. The pack does not run off of the external batter pack you see pictured.  It actually runs off of 4 watch batteries that fit inside so that the whole thing is self contained.  I just killed the ones I had by testing it so much throughout the build...and playing with it.  So for your benefit I used the external battery pack.



Hooray for video!

Here is some close up detail of the wand as I'm preparing the final pieces.

It's a little dark. Forgive me. But you get a good sense of the final piece.  The hardest parts to make were the tiny pieces fixed to the tip of the blaster.


And here are some photos of it lit up in various "poses."







The stand that you can see is just a simple 2 piece stand I made out of left over parts and painted gray to help the pack stand out from it.I didn't want it to just fade into the rest of the black of the pack. This might be the best shot that gives you a good idea of the whole thing and the detail.


10 points to anyone who can name this ship in the back ground.












And here we have it folks.  My child hood dreams have come true.  Some what.  Sure as a kid I wanted a full sized one. But this will have to suffice.  You try living in an NYC apartment and then fit a full sized Proton Pack in there.  Not to mention a workspace to create it.  I'm sure my neighbors are pretty high from all the pain fumes.  To you I say...you're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment