Monday, December 17, 2012

From the Archives of Childhood

I was going through some old spiral notebooks I've saved through the years full of horrible poetry, doodles, and clearly nothing school related. I found one that was completely made up of some really bad drawings. And a few good.  They're all pencil drawings on lined paper. You know, top of the line stuff here.

Clearly I was the coolest kid on the block back then.  Ladies lining up around the corner. I'm serious...

What's also clear is my love of BTTF and Ghostbusters. So without further ado, here are some sketches by me from back in the day. Enjoy!

The Proton Pack.
This is more modeled after the pack from the real Ghostbusters. I'm almost positive I have a better oe somewhere.  But alas, I think it's a victim of time and moving one too many times. So here is the Proton Pack at least.  I vaguely remember sitting down with one of the packs fro the action figures in front of me while trying to draw this.



Delorean 1
This was my first attempt. Not the wobbly Mr. Fusion. Man I was bored that day. The doodlings of a bored teenager. I am going to assume this was during A.P. American History.  Le'ts pretend it is. I love how there is physically no room under the hood for anything. Not even a hoover board.


Delorean 2
This is a slight improvement on the first design. Also I remember using the BTTF Micro Machine as a guide. This was before the days of buying my own collectible toys. So I had to do with what I had. Also had to guess and embellish.  A lot.


Delorean 3
What is this? Some kinda of crazy Concept? Not a clue what I was doing here. Notice how the further I advanced with these the more I threw proportion right out the window. This was also as I started getting really into classic cars which influenced the big "Swish" antenna that you sometimes see on the Ghostbusters Caddy.


There you have it. A slight glimpse into the younger me. Really not much has changed. I still sketch ideas out in spiral notebooks too.

No comments:

Post a Comment